This tour takes approximately 2 hours of your lifetime in active adventure. During exploration of the Paris metro with an experienced guide you will:
- Visit an abandoned station while the trains pass by, explore its surroundings
- Have a full introduction to the history of the creation of one of the world’s oldest metro systems
- Have an absolutely new eye-opening experience in Paris
PRICE LIST OF THE PARIS METRO EXPLORATION TOUR
|GROUP SIZE||PRICE p/p|
- Prices are given in EUR
- We accept EUR or USD according to Google converter rate. We charging payment only after tour, you don’t need to pay in advance. Only cash.
- In case you order PARIS EXPLORATION TOUR , thee meeting place will be announced by your guide
This tour is only available in the eveningsBook for free
The Paris metro is one of the oldest systems in the world – it was opened in 1890 during the World’s Fair. The development of this unique system had set new tasks for the engineers, who had to resort to incredible solutions. Some of these projects made a large impact on the network of Paris and tunneling in general, like freezing the ground to make a tunnel under the Seine. Others can be seen even by normal passengers having a brief glimpse through the window – like the three-level tunnel intersection at Opéra.
Since its early days, certain parts of the metro have been largely rebuilt, new stations were opened, while others were closed or even left unfinished. Many stations were closed during the war, but four of them were never reopened due to the proximity of other stations – Arsenal, Champ de Mars, Saint-Martin and Croix-Rouge. Today, the trains roll past them without stopping.
The metro hides many other secrets, unnoticed and invisible to passengers and is full of stories to tell to the most attentive
- Don’t take massive backpacks with you!
- Put on comfortable clothes you are not afraid to make a little dirty. No tuxedo and high heels! 🙂
- If you are interested in Photography, bring a tripod
For passing underground route you need to wear comfortable clothes which you will be not upset to get a little bit dirty – you are going to real underground tunnels. Be ready for adventures!
Don’t take massive backpacks and bags. Better not to take bags at all, or take a small one.
You will be provided with:
We have to inform you that visiting closed parts of the metro is forbidden, and is punishable by a fine.
Beyond the abandoned station platform, live metro tracks have trains passing regularly and high voltage, and maximum attention and precaution is required.
The tour is NOT RECOMMENDED:
- people suffering from claustrophobia
- people who can not get into the usual manhole
- people have excessive weight or heart disease